Stainless Steel Doors
Order stainless-steel doors, stainless-steel door frames, architectural fire-rated glass and commercial door hardware from one source. We supply stainless steel doors in type 304- and type 316 alloy. Stainless-steel doors are recommended for commercial and industrial door openings where corrosion resistance, anti-bacterial properties and sleek aesthetics may be required. Work one on one with a stainless door and frame specialist. Contact us for a quote.
Stainless-Steel Door Options
- Steel Door Models
- Physical Performance Level
- Stainless-Steel Alloy
- Core Type
- Fire Labeling
- Hurricane Certification
- Model 1, Full Flush: Full flush stainless-steel doors are formed from a single sheet of steel, conjoined by a vertical seam that may be visible at the edge of the door.
- Model 2, Seamless Edge: Seamless edge stainless-steel doors have filled and finished vertical edges that are free from any visible seams.
- Level 2 – 18 gauge stainless-steel doors (Heavy Duty): 18 gauge stainless-steel doors are classified as physical performance level 2 for heavy-duty commercial durability.
- Level 3 – 16 gauge stainless-steel doors (Extra-HD): 18 gauge stainless-steel doors are classified as physical performance level 2 for heavy-duty commercial durability.
- Level 4 – 14 gauge stainless steel doors (Maximum Duty): 14 gauge stainless-steel doors are classified as physical performance level 4 for maximum commercial durability.
- Type 304 – In addition to iron, 304 stainless-steel contains approximately 8% nickel and about 18% chromium. 304 stainless-steel doors are known for their corrosion resistance and frequent use in food processing, industrial and public facilities.
- Type 316 – In addition to iron, 316 stainless steel contains approximately 10% nickel, 16% chromium and 2% molybdenum. Compared to 304 alloy, 316 stainless steel doors are more resistant to corrosion from chloride and acidic environments.
- PS – Polystyrene Core: Polystyrene provides a stainless-steel door with rigidity, resistance to dents and insulating properties.
- KH – Honeycomb Core: Resin-hardened honeycomb core stabilizes a stainless-steel door and provides resistance to impact and dents.
- ST – Steel Stiffened Core: Steel stiffened doors have steel reinforcements welded inside the door cavity. Insulation is used to fill any air space.
- TR – Temperature Rise Mineral Core: Temperature rise doors have a mineral composite core that reduces heat transfer to the non-fire side of a door.
- UR – Urethane Foam Core: Polyurethane foam is expanded inside the cavity of a stainless-steel door to improve insulating values.
- STC – Sound Transmission Class: STC or acoustical doors are used in studios, theaters and applications where audible noise is a concern.
- LL – Lead Lined: Lead lined doors resist the transfer of radiation in medical, energy and aerospace facilities.
- BAL – Ballistic / Bullet Resistant: Ballistic doors are designed for use in areas where a firearm is likely to be discharged.
- BLA – Blast Resistant Core: Blast doors are designed to protect building occupants and property during an explosion.
- 20 Min. – 20 minute fire rated doors: 20 minute fire rated doors are used in 1-hour walls where smoke and draft control is a concern.
- 45 Min. – 45 minute fire rated doors: 45 minute fire rated doors are used in 1-hour corridors, room partition walls, or exterior walls that may be subject to moderate fire.
- 60 Min. – 60 minute fire rated doors: 60-minute fire rated doors are used in 1-hour walls that divide occupancies in buildings.
- 90 Min. – 90 minute fire rated doors: 90-minute fire rated doors are required in two-hour walls, stairwells, elevator shafts, boiler rooms and exterior areas with severe fire risk.
- 180 Min – 3-hour, fire rated doors: 180 minute, or 3-hour, fire rated doors are required in 4-hour walls that separate a large building, or multiple buildings into designated fire areas.
- Texas TDI – Inland Coastal Zone 2: Texas Department of Insurance approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within zone two of the designated coastal region.
- Texas TDI – Inland Coastal Zone 1: Texas Department of Insurance approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within zone one of the designated coastal region.
- Texas TDI – Seaward Coastal Zone: Texas Department of Insurance approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within the designated seaward intracoastal zone.
- Florida Building Code – Excludes Miami-Dade County: Florida approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within the state of Florida. (Does Not Fulfill Miami-Dade County Requirements)
- Miami-Dade County: Miami-Dade approved hurricane doors are required in exterior applications within the county of Miami-Dade, FL.
Test Standards & Listings
- SDI/ANSI: SDI-100-91/ANSI 250.8-03 | SDI-105-98/ANSI A250.11-01 | SDI-107-84/ANSI A250.6-03
- SDI-108-10 Recommended Selection and Usage Guide for Standard Steel Doors
- SDI-118-05 Basic Fire Door Requirements
- ANSI/SDI A250.13-2008 (R2018) Testing and Rating of Severe Windstorm Resistant Components for Swinging Door Assemblies for Protection of Building Envelopes
- Intertek/Warnock Hersey Fire Door Test Methods: Neutral Pressure: CAN/ULC S104 | NFPA 252 | UBC7-2 (1994) | UL 10B. Positive Pressure: NFPA 252 | UBC 7-2 Part 1 (1997) | UL 10C.
- International Standards: BS 476 | EN 1634-1 | ISO 3008
- Alloy #304 Stainless-Steel Doors: Alloy #304 stainless-steel doors are designed for commercial door openings where enhanced corrosion resistance and anti-bacterial properties are required. #304 stainless-steel doors are commonly used in airports, surgical centers, food processing plants and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Alloy #316 Stainless-Steel Doors: Alloy #316 stainless-steel doors are designed for commercial door openings where maximum corrosion resistance properties are required. #316 stainless-steel doors are commonly used in hostile marine environments because of their increased resistance to pitting corrosion compared to SAE 304 stainless-steel.
- Fire Rated Stainless Doors: Fire rated stainless-steel doors are available with 20, 45, 60, 90-minute, and 3-hour fire labels. Fire rated doors are designed to withstand smoke, flames, and toxic gasses while occupants exit the building. Stainless-steel doors can be used in laboratories, jetways, stairwells, corridors, entrances, elevator shafts, boiler rooms and other areas where a fire-rated door is required.
- Fire-Rated Stainless-Steel Doors with Glass: Fire rated stainless-steel doors are available with either non-wired ceramic glass, or impact-safe wire glass. Stainless-steel doors with wire glass are frequently used for industrial door applications where an increased sense of safety or security should be observed.
- Exterior Stainless-Steel Doors: Stainless-steel doors are designed for use in exterior door applications. Exterior stainless-steel doors can be manufactured with Kraft structural honeycomb, polystyrene, or polyurethane core for improved insulating value. For superior insulation, exterior stainless-steel doors with a polyurethane pressurized foam core should be specified.
- Interior Stainless-Steel Doors: Stainless-steel doors are commonly used for interior applications. In addition to having anti-bacterial and anti-corrosive properties, stainless steel doors and frames have a very distinct look. Interior stainless-steel doors with #4 finish have a brushed vertical grain that is durable and resistant to blemishes and fingerprints.
- Industrial Stainless Doors: Industrial stainless-steel doors can be manufactured from 18-, 16-, or 14- gauge steel and #304 or #316 marine grade alloy. Industrial stainless-steel doors are more corrosion resistant, more resistant to microbial growth and have a distinct design feature compared to other metal door options.
- Stainless-Steel Security Doors: Stainless-steel doors provide increased security compared to most non-metal door materials. Optional features including steel-stiffened core construction, 16- or 14- gauge steel, and security door hardware can further improve the security properties of a stainless-steel door assembly.
- Stainless Double Doors: Stainless-steel double doors can operate in several configurations. Pairs of stainless doors can be hung as active/inactive pairs where one door functions as the primary door and the other remains fixed until it’s disengaged. Another configuration hangs two doors, both active. In most cases active/active doors are used with surface vertical rod exit devices that latch each door at the top and/or bottom, allowing each door to operate independently.
- Stainless-Steel Doors with Glass: Stainless-steel doors with glass allow occupants to see through a door before it is opened. In commercial doors glass must be tempered or impact resistant. Tempering strengthens the glass is stronger and causes it to break into small, non-jagged pieces when shattered. Typical stainless-steel door and glass configurations may include square-, rectangle-, half-or full- lite glass or custom sized glass options.
*Published prices include the approximate cost of a door only. Additional customizations and components are sold separately. Published prices are "estimates" based on current market conditions, and not guaranteed. USA Fire Door reserves the right to change pricing at any time. Final price quotations must be issued, in writing, by an authorized representative of USA Fire Door. Contact us for a detailed quote.
How to Order
Get a written quote. Work one-on-one with a dedicated account manager.
Provide detailed specifications for commercial door projects.
Submit a web form with optional file attachments.
Get help now. Speak with a commercial door professional.
Email your questions, concerns or project details.
Stainless-Steel Doors with Job-Site Delivery
We deliver to almost everywhere! Order stainless-steel doors and frames with job site delivery to nearly any US destination. USA Fire Door supplies non-fire rated and fire-rated commercial door products to contractors and consumers throughout the US.
Custom Stainless-Steel Doors & Frames
We can customize just about anything! Order custom stainless-steel doors, frames, sidelites, transoms borrowed lites and more. Shop USA Fire Door for all your custom hollow metal door and frame needs.
Order Doors & Hardware from the Same Place
Order stainless-steel doors, commercial metal doors, wood doors, metal door frames, hardware and more. USA Fire Door offers project-based pricing, nationwide delivery and a dedicated account manager to assist with your needs.
We are dedicated to the success of your commercial door project.
Thank you for choosing us!