Custom Hollow Metal Door Frames at USA Fire Door
Order hollow metal door frames, sidelites, transoms and borrowed lite windows for commercial buildings. We supply hollow metal jambs in cold rolled, galvanneal and galvanized steel materials. Order standard sizes or fit nearly any wall condition with a custom metal door frame. Hollow metal door frames are designed for interior and exterior use. Work one on one with a commercial metal door and frame specialist. Contact us for a quote.
Hollow Metal Frame Options
- 16ga. | Extra Heavy-Duty – 16 gauge hollow metal frames are used in heavy-duty and extra-heavy-duty commercial door assemblies.
- 14ga. | Max-Duty – 14 gauge hollow metal frames are used in maximum duty commercial metal door applications.
- CRS – Cold Rolled Steel Door Frames w/ Prime Coat: Cold rolled steel is made by adding tensile force to hot rolled steel sheets. The cold-rolling process increases density, hardens the steel, and produces a consistent surface that’s ideal for commercial doors and frames.
- A40/A60 – Galvanneal Steel Door Frames w/ Prime Coat: Galvanneal steel is produced when cold-rolled steel is dipped into liquified zinc then heated until a new zinc-iron alloy is created. Galveanneal steel doors are known for their improved corrosion resistance and superior paint adhesion properties.
- G90 – Galvanized Steel Door Frames w/ Prime Coat: Galvanized steel is produced when cold rolled steel is dipped in a hot zinc coating. Galvanized steel doors are resistant to corrosion but offer poor paint adhesion compared to annealed steel doors.
- Unequal Rabbet – Double rabbet frames accept doors, panels and glass inside one or more rabbets. Rabbets can be equal or unequal in size. (Standard for Most Commercial Doors
- Unequal Rabbet w/ Backbend Return – Backbend frame returns improve a double rabbetted frame’s ability to slip-over finished walls.
- Cased Opening – Cased opening frames are used in pass through doorways and door applications where a stop cannot be used.
- Single Rabbet – Single rabbeted frames have one rabbet where a door, panel or glass can be mounted inside.
- Double Egress – Double egress frames allow bi-directional traffic flow through a paired door opening.
- Mullion | Double Rabbet – Double rabbet mullions divide door frames, side-lites, transoms and window frames into separate sections.
- Mullion | Single Rabbet – Single rabbet mullions divide door frames, side-lites, transoms and window frames into separate sections.
- Slip-On Compression Anchor – Compression anchors are used for knock-down door frames that slip-over existing walls. Outward force and the strength of the wall stabilize the door and frame. (Standard for Most Interior Commercial Doors)
- Punch & Dimple w/ Tube Anchor Backing for Existing Wall – P&D Tube Punched holes allow for attachment to masonry or wood stud walls with countersunk expansion bolts or lag screws. Tube anchor backing prevents damage during installation. (Standard for Most Exterior Commercial Doors.
- Universal/Wood Stud Anchor for New Walls: Universal / wood stud anchors attach directly to the metal or wood studs of an unifinshed wall. Drywall or other wall surfaces conceal the anchors inside the wall. (Standard for Most Commercial Doors When Installing Frames Before Drywall is Hung.)
- Masonry Wire Anchor for New Block Walls – Masonry wire anchors are designed for installation into new concrete or masonry walls. Frames using masonry wire anchors must be assembled before wall construction begins. (Standard for Most Commercial Doors When Masonry Walls Are Constructed Around Door Frames and Door Frames will be Back-Filled With Mortar.)
- Steel Stud Anchor for New Steel Stud Walls – Steel stud anchors allow a hollow metal frame to fasten to steel-studs with self-tapping metal screws. Frames with steel stud anchors must be mounted before drywall is installed.
- Masonry “T” Anchor for New Block and Masonry Walls – Masonry “T” anchors are used for installations in new concrete or masonry walls. Frames using masonry “T” anchors must be assembled and set in place before construction begins.
- Punch & Dimple w/ Butterfly Anchor Backing for Existing Wood Stud or Masonry Walls – Punched holes allow for attachment to masonry or wood stud walls with countersunk expansion bolts or lag screws. Butterfly anchors prevent damage during installation.
- Adjustable Universal/Wood Stud Anchor for Custom Jamb Sizes – Universal/wood stud anchors attach directly to the studs of unfinished walls. Adjustable anchors can be used to fit varying jamb sizes.
- 20 Min. – 20 minute fire rated doors: 20 minute fire rated doors are used in 1-hour walls where smoke and draft control is a concern.
- 45 Min. – 45 minute fire rated doors: 45 minute fire rated doors are used in 1-hour corridors, room partition walls, or exterior walls that may be subject to moderate fire.
- 60 Min. – 60 minute fire rated doors: 60-minute fire rated doors are used in 1-hour walls that divide occupancies in buildings.
- 90 Min. – 90 minute fire rated doors: 90-minute fire rated doors are required in two-hour walls, stairwells, elevator shafts, boiler rooms and exterior areas with severe fire risk.
- 3 Hr. / 180 Min. – 3-hour, fire rated doors: 180 minute, or 3-hour, fire rated doors are required in 4-hour walls that separate a large building, or multiple buildings into designated fire areas.
- Texas TDI – Inland Coastal Zone 2: Texas Department of Insurance approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within zone two of the designated coastal region.
- Texas TDI – Inland Coastal Zone 1: Texas Department of Insurance approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within zone one of the designated coastal region.
- Texas TDI – Seaward Coastal Zone: Texas Department of Insurance approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within the designated seaward intracoastal zone.
- Florida Building Code – Excludes Miami-Dade County: Florida approved hurricane doors are required in exterior door openings within the state of Florida. (Does Not Fulfill Miami-Dade County Requirements)
- Miami-Dade County: Miami-Dade approved hurricane doors are required in exterior applications within the county of Miami-Dade, FL.
Test Standards & Listings
- SDI/ANSI: SDI-100-91/ANSI 250.8-03 | SDI-105-98/ANSI A250.11-01 | SDI-107-84/ANSI A250.6-03
- SDI-111-09 Recommended Selection & Usage Guide for Standard Steel Doors, Frames and Accessories
- SDI-112-08 Zinc-Coated (Galvanized/Galvannealed) Standard Steel Doors and Frames
- SDI Drywall Slip-On Frames
- 111-F Recommended Existing Wall Anchors for Standard Steel Doors and Frames
- SDI-110-09 Standard Steel Doors and Frames for Modular Masonry Construction
- ANSI/SDI A250.13-2008 (R2018) Testing and Rating of Severe Windstorm Resistant Components for Swinging Door Assemblies for Protection of Building Envelopes
- Intertek/Warnock Hersey Fire Testing
- Neutral Pressure: CAN/ULC S104 | NFPA 252 | UBC7-2 (1994) | UL 10B
- Positive Pressure: NFPA 252 | UBC 7-2 Part 1 (1997) | UL 10C
- International Standards: BS 476 | EN 1634-1 | ISO 3008
- Commercial Metal Door Frames: Hollow metal door frames are frequently used with wood and metal commercial doors.
- Fire Rated Windows and Doors: Hollow metal frames can be configured for use in fire-rated window and door applications.
- Metal Side-Lite Frames: Hollow metal frames can be fabricated as sidelite frames and supplied with pre-cut glass stops.
- Metal Transom Frames: Hollow metal frames can be fabricated as transom frames to accept glass above a door opening.
- Borrowed-Lite Window Frames: Hollow metal borrowed lites are fixed-windows frames that may be divided by mullions.
- Heavy-Duty Steel Door Frames: Steel doors and frames are built for heavy-duty commercial door applications.
*Published prices include the approximate cost of a door or window frame only. Additional customizations and components are sold separately. Published prices are “estimates” based on current market conditions, and not guaranteed. USA Fire Door reserves the right to change pricing at any time. Final price quotations must be issued, in writing, by an authorized representative of USA Fire Door. Contact us for a detailed quote.
How to Order
Get a written quote. Work one-on-one with a dedicated account manager.
Provide detailed specifications for commercial door projects.
Submit a web form with optional file attachments.
Get help now. Speak with a commercial door professional.
Email your questions, concerns or project details.
Commercial Metal Doors & Frames with Job-Site Delivery
We deliver to almost everywhere! Order commercial metal doors and frames with job site delivery to nearly any US destination. USA Fire Door supplies non-fire rated and fire-rated commercial door products to contractors and consumers throughout the US.
Custom Hollow Metal Door Frames & Borrowed-Lite Windows
We can customize just about anything! Order standard and custom hollow metal frames with sidelites, transoms, borrowed lites, custom sizes and more. Shop USA Fire Door for all your custom hollow metal door and frame needs.
Order Doors & Hardware from the Same Place
Order hollow metal door frames, wood doors, steel doors, hardware and more. USA Fire Door offers project-based pricing, nationwide delivery and a dedicated account manager to assist with your needs. Contact us for all your commercial and fire-rated window and door needs.
We are dedicated to the success of your commercial door project.
Thank you for choosing us!