Solid Core Wood Doors
Order commercial wood doors, solid core wood doors and fire-rated wood doors. We supply commercial solid core wood doors with pre-finished, unfinished and high-density laminate surfaces. Order metal doors, wood doors, glass, hardware and more. Work one on one with a commercial door and frame specialist. Choose from quick-ship and custom wood door options. Contact us for a quote.
Get the best pricing and service.
Save time & money. Call now or contact us to work with a commercial door specialist. We supply commercial door projects of all sizes.
Solid Core Wood Door Options
- PC – Particleboard serves as the “standard” core material for most non-fire rated and 20-minute fire rated wood doors.
- SCL – Compared to particleboard core, structural composite lumber (SCL) doors are more durable and have better screw-holding power.
- M45 – 45 minute mineral core wood doors can be labelled for use in 45 minute fire rated door applications.
- M60 – 60 minute mineral core wood doors can be labelled for use in 60 minute fire rated door applications.
- M90 – 90 minute mineral core wood doors can be labelled for use in 90 minute fire rated door applications.
- STC – Sound resistant doors are used in studios, theaters and applications where audible noise is a concern.
- LL – Lead lined wood doors resist the transfer of radiation in medical, energy, aerospace, and industrial facilities. Wood lead lined doors are most commonly found in hospitals and medical imaging rooms
- 20 Min – 20 minute fire rated doors can be used in 1-hour fire rated walls where smoke and draft control is a primary concern.
- 45 Min – 45 minute fire rated doors can be used in 1-hour fire-rated corridors, room partition walls, or other walls that may be subject to moderate fire.
- 60 Min – 60 minute fire rated wood doors can be used in 1-hour walls that divide occupancies in buildings.
- 90 Min – 90 minute fire rated wood doors can be used in two-hour fire-rated walls, stairwells, elevator shafts, boiler rooms and other areas with severe fire risk.
- 161 – Cylindrical lock prep for standard commercial door lever sets.
- 86 – 8″ tall x 1-1/4″ wide prep for mortise lock set. Available with or without function holes.
- Panic – Internal blocking for surface mounted exit device. Available with or without prep for exit device trim.
- RFID / Card Lock Prep – Hotel door prep for key-cards, RFID and other keyless lock types.
Standards & Listings
- ANSI/WDMA I.S.1A-21 Industry Standard for Interior Architectural Wood Flush Doors
- ANSI/WDMA I.S.1A-13 Industry Standard for Interior Architectural Wood Flush Doors
- WDMA T.M. 6-14 Adhesive Durability | WDMA T.M. 7-14 Cycle-Slam Test
- WDMA T.M. 8-14 Hinge Loading Test | WDMA T.M. 10-14 Screw Holding Capacity
- WDMA T.M. 15-11 Vertical Edge Impact Test
- Intertek/Warnock Hersey Fire Door Test Methods
- Neutral Pressure: CAN/ULC S104 | NFPA 252 | UBC7-2 (1994) | UL 10B
- Positive Pressure: NFPA 252 | UBC 7-2 Part 1 (1997) | UL 10C
- International Standards: BS 476 | EN 1634-1 | ISO 3008
- Commercial Wood Doors: Commercial wood doors are designed for heavy-duty use. Often classified by architects as solid core wood doors, commercial wood doors are specified for interior commercial and fire-rated door applications. Commercial wood doors are versatile, durable, and cost-effective.
- Fire Rated Wood Doors: Fire rated wood doors are available with 20, 45, 60 and 90-minute fire labels. Fire rated wood doors are designed to withstand smoke, flames, and toxic gasses while occupants exit the building. Commercial wood doors are frequently used in stairwells, corridors, entrances, elevator enclosures, and other areas where a fire-rated wood door is required.
- Fire Rated Wood Doors with Glass: Fire rated wood doors are available with either non-wired ceramic glass, or impact-safe wire glass. Fire rated wood doors with wire glass are frequently used in areas where an increased sense of safety or security should be observed.
- Interior Wood Doors: Solid core wood doors are designed for interior use inside commercial buildings. Interior wood door skins can be made of fiberboard, HPL laminate, unfinished wood or pre-finished interior wood door surfaces.
- Wood Office Doors: Solid core wood doors are great for interior office spaces. Solid core wood doors provide privacy, reduce audible noise transfer, and fit with most interior designs.
- Classroom Doors: Solid core wood doors are manufactured for use in schools and classrooms. Solid core wood doors are durable, designed for frequent use, and available with a full range of vision lite, glass, lock prep and fire labelling options.
- Hospital Doors: Commercial wood doors are widely used in hospitals and medical buildings. Lead lined commercial wood doors are available for use in imaging rooms and other areas where the transmission of radiation is a concern.
- Hotel Doors: Solid core wood doors are frequently specified for hotel door applications. Solid core wood doors are available with fire labels from 20-90 minute and custom lock prep for hotel card readers, RFID locks and other keyless entrance systems. Communicating, or “connecting” doors and frames are also available.
- Wood Double Doors: Wood double doors can operate in several configurations. Pairs of wood doors can be hung as active/inactive pairs where one door functions as the primary door and the other remains fixed until it’s disengaged. Another configuration hangs two commercial wood doors, both active. In most cases active/active doors are used with surface vertical rod exit devices that latch each door at the top and/or bottom, allowing each door to operate independently.
- Wood Doors with Glass: Wood doors with glass allow occupants to see through a door before it is opened. Commercial structures require door glass to be made from impact resistant and/or tempered glass that that is resistant to impact and breaks into small pieces when it shatters. Typical configurations may include wood doors with square-, rectangle-, half-or full- lite glass.
- Pre-Finished Wood Doors: Pre-finished wood doors are a great option for large projects or any application where a factory finished wood door is preferred. Pre-finished wood doors are available in standard finishes and color matched stains.
- Plastic Laminate Doors: Plastic laminate doors are available with HPL surface laminates from Wilsonart, Formica, Pionite and more. Plastic laminate doors are available in solid colors, wood grains and patterns.
*Published prices include the approximate cost of a door only. Additional customizations and components are sold separately. Published prices are “estimates” based on current market conditions, and not guaranteed. USA Fire Door reserves the right to change pricing at any time. Final price quotations must be issued, in writing, by an authorized representative of USA Fire Door. Contact us for a detailed quote.
Get a written quote. Work one-on-one with a dedicated account manager.
Provide detailed specifications for commercial door projects.
Submit a web form with optional file attachments.
Get help now. Speak with a commercial door professional.
Email your questions, concerns or project details.
Solid Core Wood Doors with Job-Site Delivery
We deliver to almost everywhere! Order solid core wood doors with job site delivery to nearly any US destination. USA Fire Door supplies non-fire rated and fire-rated commercial door products to contractors and consumers throughout the US.
Custom Commercial Wood Doors
We can customize just about anything! Order standard and custom commercial wood doors, hollow metal doors, metal door frames, sidelites, transoms borrowed lites and more. Shop USA Fire Door for all your commercial door and and hardware needs.
Order Doors & Hardware from the Same Place
Order commercial wood doors, commercial steel doors, metal door frames, hardware from one source. USA Fire Door offers project-based pricing, nationwide delivery and a dedicated account manager to assist with your needs.
We are dedicated to the success of your commercial door project.
Thank you for choosing us!