Order impact-safe architectural wire glass for commercial doors, sidelites, transoms and borrowed-lite windows. Safety-filmed wire glass is recommended for commercial, industrial and institutional settings where impact may be imminent. Work one on one with a commercial door and glass specialist. Contact us for a quote.
Get the best pricing and service.
Save time & money. Call now or contact us to work with a commercial door specialist. We supply commercial door projects of all sizes.
Wire Glass Options
Impact Tested: 400 ft-lb missile impact tested. Engineered for increased strength and durability.
Safety-Filmed Wire Glass: Wire is embedded and safety film is fused to the glass during manufacturing. This process strengthens the glass, makes it more resistant to impact, and allows the glass to temporarily remain intact after exposure to fire.
Fire Protective Glass: Fire protective glass is a designation of fire-rated glazing for commercial windows and doors. Fire protective glass is used as a barrier against flames, smoke and toxic gasses to allow building occupants time to escape. Although fire protective glass blocks flames, it is not a barrier to radiant heat. Because it is not a barrier to heat transfer, fire protective glass can only be used within strict size limitations.
Human-Impact Safety Glass: Human-Impact safety glass is designed for use in commercial buildings where incidental impact may occur. Human impact safety glass is usually thicker, harder, and more impact resistant than conventional glass products.
- Safety Filmed Wire Glass – Diamond Wire Pattern: Fire-rated and safety-filmed wire embedded glass for use in commercial windows and doors.
- Wire Glass with Safety Film – Square Pattern: Fire-rated and safety-filmed wire embedded glass for use in commercial window and door assemblies
- 20 Minute Fire-Protective Glass: When used within size limitations, 20 minute fire protective glass is approved for use in commercial window and door assemblies. Fire-protective glass is not a barrier to radiant heat.
- 45 Minute Fire-Protective Glass: When used within size limitations, 45 minute fire protective glass is approved for use in commercial window and door assemblies. Fire-protective glass is not a barrier to radiant heat.
- 60 Minute Fire-Protective Glass: When used within size limitations, 60 minute fire protective glass is approved for use in commercial window and door assemblies. Fire-protective glass is not a barrier to radiant heat.
- 90 Minute Fire-Protective Glass: When used within size limitations, 90 minute fire protective glass is approved for use in commercial window and door assemblies. Fire-protective glass is not a barrier to radiant heat.
Standards & Listings
Impact Safety Standard: CPSC 16CFR 1201 (CAT I & II)
Impact Safety Class: Tempered Glass 16CFR 1201 C-11 / ANSI Z97.1 2009A
Fire-Protective Glazing: ASTM E2074 | ASTM E-2010-01 | NFPA 80 | NFPA 252 | NFPA 257 | ULC CAN4-S104 | ULC CAN4-S106
- Products classified by Underwriters Laboratories have been tested for fire-and impact resistance only.
- UL9 Standard for Fire Tests of Window Assemblies
- ANSI/UL10B Standard for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ANSI/UL10C Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
Fire protective glazing materials are not a barrier to radiant or conducted heat. Fire protective products do not meet the heat resistance requirements of ASTM E119/UL 263. Use in fire-rated openings is limited to approved sizes. Use in architectural window openings with fire ratings of 60 minutes or greater may require approval from local building authorities.
- Fire Rated Glass for Doors: Wire glass is frequently used in commercial window and door openings.
- Human-Impact Safety Glass: Safety filmed wire glass is designed for use in commercial buildings where incidental impact may occur.
- Glass for Side-Lites: Wire glass is frequently used in commercial side-lite assemblies.
- Glass for Transoms: Wire glass is frequently used inside of transoms above a door.
- Fire Rated Windows: Wire glass can be used in commercial “borrowed-lite” window assemblies. Size and local restrictions may apply.
- Fire Rated Door Window Kits: Fire rated door window kits include a metal vision lite frame and fire-rated glass.
*Published prices are “estimates” based on current market conditions, and not guaranteed. USA Fire Door reserves the right to change pricing at any time. Final price quotations must be issued, in writing, by an authorized representative of USA Fire Door. Contact us for a detailed quote.
Get a written quote. Work one-on-one with a dedicated account manager.
Provide detailed specifications for commercial door projects.
Submit a web form with optional file attachments.
Get help now. Speak with a commercial door professional.
Email your questions, concerns or project details.
Glass for Commercial Door Lites & Windows with Job-Site Delivery
We deliver to almost everywhere! Order wire glass, doors and frames for commercial buildings. We delivery to nearly any US destination. USA Fire Door supplies non-fire rated and fire-rated commercial door, harware & glass products to contractors and consumers throughout the US.
Custom Borrowed-Lite Windows, Wire Glass & Fire-Rated Glazing Products
We can customize just about anything! Order standard and custom door lites, sidelites, transoms and borrowed lites with wire glass. Shop USA Fire Door for all your commercial door, frame and glass needs.
Order Architectural Glass, Metal Frames, Doors and Hardware from One Source
Order hollow metal door frames, wood doors, steel doors, architectural wire glass, hardware and more. USA Fire Door offers project-based pricing, nationwide delivery and a dedicated account manager to assist with your needs.
We are dedicated to the success of your commercial door project.
Thank you for choosing us!